Processing of Applications
- After the application form has been received, the Assessment Agency will preliminarily check whether the applicant meets the basic eligibility criteria and the documents provided are relevant. If the preliminary criteria are met, Assessment Agency will establish personal data files for each applicant.
- During the five-year transitional period of the RPL mechanism for the Testing, Inspection and Certification Industry (which starts from 1st November 2015), applicants seeking recognition of qualifications at level 1 to 3 may opt for verification of supporting documents or assessment.
- If applicants choose to verify his/her prior qualifications through assessment, the Assessment Agency will select relevant Assessor (from a list of approved Assessors in the relevant expertise) according to the applied clusters and assessment methods, set assessment date and location, and notify the applicant the detailed assessment contents, date and time and any preparation items needed in writing of “APPLICATION FOR RPL ASSESSMENT IN THE TESTING, INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION INDUSTRY”.
- The Assessment Agency will confirm the receipt of the application in writing of “ACKNOWLEGEMENT OF APPLICATION FOR RPL ASSESSMENT FOR THE TESTING, INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION INDUSTRY”, and notify the applicant of additional documents / information needed. The Assessment Agency will ask the applicant to submit the original qualification documents for verification within FOUTEEN (14) working days.
- The Assessment Agency will review the submitted documents and proceed the application. If necessary, a short meeting with the applicant may be arranged.
- After the completion of the verification of supporting documents or assessment, the Assessment Agency will notify the applicant the assessment result by post. The ‘Statement of Attainment’ will be issued to applicants who have satisfied the requirements under the corresponding TIC RPL by the School of Science and Technology of The Open University of Hong Kong.
- The applicant may choose to collect the Statement in person or by proxy at the Assessment Agency (an authorisation letter and a photocopy of the applicant’s HKID Card are required). Otherwise, the Statement will be sent to the applicant at the specified address by mail. The Assessment Agency takes no responsibility for any loss or damage in the course of mail delivery.
- For applications for recognition of QF qualifications at Levels 1 to 3 through verification of supporting documents, the ‘Statement of Attainment’ will be issued within eight weeks provided that all application materials are in order and all prescribed requirements are met.
In the case that recognition is sought by assessment, all assessments will be completed within three months from the issue of the ‘Acknowledgement of Application’.